Chest fat is not only a problem for men, but also for women. So keep reading for some exercises that work great to slim down that part of your body.
We are happy to help you to make your chest slimmer. Below you will find a list of the best exercises for a trained chest.
Many men want to get rid of the fat that has accumulated on their chest so that their chest muscles get a better shape. However, many women prefer a smaller breast size. In both cases, the exercises below for a trained chest will help.
-Exercises for a trained chest
You can do the following exercises for a trained chest 2 or 3 times a week. Try to perform 3 sets of 12 repetitions of each exercise. However, feel free to add an extra set if you think you can handle it.
You need a ball or dumbbells to perform the exercises. If you don’t have one, use a bag filled with sand or bottles of water for example.
1-The horizontal pullover
For the first of our series of exercises for a trained chest, you need two dumbbells.
Run the horizontal pullover as follows:
- Lie on your back on a flat surface (on the floor or a couch).
- Look at the ceiling, bend your legs and place your feet flat on the floor.
- Then extend your arms to the ceiling with the dumbbells in your hands.
- Once your arms are fully extended, move them backwards until they are at the top of your head.
- Finally bring your arms back to the starting position.
2-Ball squeezes at chest level
You will need a ball for this second exercise. The ball can be large or small: what matters is that you can hold it in front of your chest with both hands.
The exercise goes as follows:
- Stand up straight and hold the ball in front of your chest with both hands. You can also do the exercise while sitting on a chair.
- Put your legs apart.
- Then squeeze the ball with both hands, as if you want it to snap.
- Keep your hands open. In other words: do not use your fingers to hold the ball, but your palms.
- Squeeze the ball for at least 10 seconds.
The push-up is a versatile exercise where you have to use your arms, back and chest. This exercise is essential to strengthen your breast and make it slimmer.
Do the push-up as follows:
- First lie on your stomach.
- Put your hands shoulder-width to the ground.
- Lie down in the plank position, and bend your arms until you touch the floor with your chest.
- Then come up again by stretching your elbows.
4-The dumbbell fly
For the latest in our series of exercises for a trained chest, you need dumbbells.
This is how you perform the dumbbell fly:
- Ideally you lie down on a couch, but if you don’t have a couch, you can also run it from the ground.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand.
- Open your arms and extend them on both sides of your body.
- Lift your arms up and keep them straight.
- Then move the dumbbells towards the center and towards each other.
- Finally lower your arms.
5-Combine cardio with these exercises for a trained chest
Although the above exercises will work great to get a slimmer chest, we want to emphasize that it is also a must to do cardio if you want to achieve the desired result.
Although Cardio does not cause you to lose fat in specific areas of your body, it does help to reduce total body fat. If you combine both types of training, you will ultimately get the result you want.
Finally, two important things:
- Remember that it is extra difficult to lose weight on the chest. It is a gradual process.
Exercising alone is not enough to reduce body fat: a good diet is just as important!
- In short: if you really want a nicer shaped or slimmer chest, the above exercises will certainly help.
However, remember that you must be patient and that you must follow a healthy diet in addition to the exercises.